First established in 1753, our church has sat on its present site since 1773. It was the original town meeting hall and is located at a major crossroads in the center of town. It has served as a hub for various activities and community groups throughout its history, a tradition we carry on to this day. The church is a meeting place for self-help groups, art lessons, tai-chi, yoga, meditation groups, clubs, musical events, and public forums.
Our congregation dates to 1747, and our current church was built in 1803. A landmark today, it was for many years the center of government and social life in Kennebunk.